Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3



Thirteen ThingsThat Sadly Kept Me Away From My Art Blog for 2 Months! LOL!


Yes, I've been MIA for 2 months now. Nothing serious, life just got...... busy. I'm back and hopefully on a more regular basis as I miss my blog!


1. My first baby went to Kindergarten! I was one of those moms that followed the school bus all the way to school, crying my eyeballs out! My baby's not a baby anymore!!!


2. With my first baby in full day Kindergarten, I was able to spend some quality one-on-one time with my second baby. We made crafts, went to playdates, made smoothies, and spent a lot of time outdoors playing and laughing!

3. I started working part-time from home! Yes, I actually have a job promoting and establishing a very artsy enrichment after-school class for kids. So far I love it! Very flexible! I don't own the company, but check out their website: www.noodleclass.com


4. I got roped into organizing another Holiday Bazaar. I had a lot of fun, though, working together with a good friend, but then I started to feel a little over-extended...(why do I have this need to do a lot of things?)

5. I started volunteering for my son's Kindergarten class......

6. I decided to be active in my son's school's PTA ......YA!!!!

7. Oh and then I was put on bed rest because to put it simply, the baby could come out too early if I stay on my feet. Totally turned my life upside down!

8. I had to adjust to my new situation - tried to run the ship with a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old from the couch - not easy.


9. Despite the bed rest, I was crazy enough to continue planning and organizing the Holiday Bazaar from the couch.


10. I was even more crazy to organize and host a Halloween Party for the kids and their friends on our street. Fall is my favorite season and I didn't want to be indoors for most of it!!!


11. I had to give up my craving for sweets because I found out I had gestational diabetes! If anything, it made me eat healthier.....I guess....


12. What's crazier, I decided to continue with an older blog (please check it out: www.thewahmspot.com) but I'm having fun!


13. And on top of all this I decided to start up my holiday biz, Sprout Mail (go check it out too: www.sproutmail.com), sending letters from Santa.


Who said bed rest was boring? Lol.....so I've been on bed rest for 2 months now and I have 2 more weeks until my baby is considered full term! In two weeks I'm going to get off this couch and dance! LOL!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


5 comments:

SJ Reidhead said...

Take care!

The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! You've been one very busy Momma! Stay on that couch and keep writing, ya hear? ;)

Terri said...

Oh my word! You are busy.

Cindy Swanson said...

Good for you for being so hands-on involved in your child's education!

I just found out that I have Type 2 diabetes, who I can relate. Best wishes with that. Keep taking good care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Sure sounds like a busy life. :)

Happy TT!

I run three:
http://www.markeroni.com/blog/
13 ways to prepare to hunt down landmarks (a shared blog, this is by Marina)

http://www.ravensroads.com
13 beers I have enjoyed

http://www.ravensrv.com
13 things that help when breaking camp