Monday, November 19, 2007

More Songs from my Art Days!

Oh the memories! The Sundays just made me go through songs that gave me that "edge of the world" feeling. It's amazing how certain songs bring you back and stirs up memories. So here are a few more songs.....

The Cure's "Plainsong"
Hauntingly melancholy. Love the chimes in the beginning and the ethereal sound.



Bob Marley's "No Woman No Cry"

1990, outside North Court - this big guy comes out and hums this song and slowly other kids got out their instruments and started playing this song. We all gathered around this big guy and he just belts out this song and the song seemed to last like forever.



The Cure's Just Like Heaven
I had 4 friends, Chris Taggart, Joon Nam, Grey (we called him heavy metal guy), and this other guy I can't remember his name at the moment (Jason?) but he sang the songs. These guys just decided to do cover songs of The Cure for the Talent Show. No music to go by and Chris and the lead singer guy taught Joon and Grey Just Like Heaven - Joon and Grey have never heard of the song, lol...not their type of song anyway, but Grey, though more into heavy metal, was this amazing bass player, they just had to have him play with them. So I was like a groupie and actually taped their rendition of Just Like Heaven. It's an amazing song that holds so many great memories for me.....I remember having to beg my mom and dad to let me stay up to watch videos on MTV's 120 minutes, LOL!



The Cure's Pictures of You
Yes, I was and still am a HUGE Cure fan..and this song was one of the songs my friends did a cover on too. This song reminds me so much of that one special someone from that summer....




That's it for now. I will add more later!

No comments: