Monday, November 19, 2007

Remember The Sundays?

I stumbled upon this song and it brought me back to high school when I spent a month away from home at a Governor's School summer camp for gifted art/music/dance kids. This guy named Chris Bauer introduced me to The Sundays and this song. The music just captured the feeling of that summer....we were literally let loose, creatively....and the arty nerds that we were, every wakeful moment was creative - all music, dance, or painting. Our free time wasn't idle free time - it was either building the biggest sculpture we could shape, while the music kids jammed to some music they made up along the way.

So for 16-17 year old kids it was the best summer......carefree, light, explosively creative, and it was the best feeling, being around kids like me, not feeling so much like a freak (LOL).

Anyways, here are The Sundays!

No comments: